Daily Hulk Daily Hulk

Hey,

That morphing animation is suhweeet!

________________________

Shivayya responds:

Every Nintendo Joke Every Nintendo Joke

Stop breaking our pots, Link! O:<

Haha! I liked that one!

__________________

I'm not Mario I'm not Mario

Hey.

Other than the issues already mentioned in the author comments, the other main issues were the animations and some of the graphics. Some of the background images, particularly the clouds on first two screens, look a little jagged along the edges, as if there are zoomed in bitmaps, while everything else is vector. However, if you look at the clouds from the remaining screens, they look like smooth vectors.

Some occasional blinking of the eyes would have added a little extra polish, although ? did move his eyes when trying to come up with a name. Speaking of which, ?'s mumbling, as he's is mindlessly trying to copy Wario, but failed to come up with a name, was very funny! (:

________________________
- Ziro out.

Spaceship!! (Alpha v0.7.0) Spaceship!! (Alpha v0.7.0)

Cool game this is.

- Needs a preloader, _especially_ since you're loading several sprite sheets. At first, I thought the game had hung at a black screen until I open my dev window (I'm using Windows 7 64-bit pro, and Firefox 43.0.1). I took a look at the sprite sheets, and found a lot of asteroinds, yet I haven't seen any of them in the game. I'm assuming either I haven't reached that far, or they've yet to be implemented in-game.

- I'm assuming "Spaceship!!" is a working title? (:

- The music keeps stopping and starting, so I just muted it.

- Stat system system is nice. I went to your Facebook page, and it answered many of my questions.
"Upgrades will increase in price exponentially at a low rate." Aha! That explains why, even after several deposits into "speed", my ship is still super-slow! (:
You must be designing this game for several days or even longer of play. I just hope it's not all on grinding.

- I was going to say that since the controls are keyboard based, consider making key controls for the audio button during missions. On your FB page, you mentioned the M key for this, so that's awesome.

- Add a way to pause/unpause the game during missions. My bad if that was mentioned.

- Is there any incentive to killing all enemies when you finish a level?

- I'm _so_ glad you can kill the enemies' homing missiles! :-D

- There was a constant lag that occurred throught game play. If I have keys held down while this happens, the actions bound to said keys would continue, even if I released the key. I would need to press and release said keys again to regain control of their actions.

- There is also a lag between the Shot 1 sound and the Shot 1 itself (using Type 01). Occasionally, when shot 1 is fired, the projectile discharges, but I don't hear the firing sound until a short time later.

- Add sounds for hit effects/explosions, firing special shots, collecting H2, and using the Ability, for example. Assuming W.I.P.

- On the ship selection screen:
a). Layout: Consider moving al six ships down a bit, so that 01 and 04 aren't overlapping the bottom of the stats window.
b). The mute buttons are a bit difficult to see. Perhaps add dark back under them when viewing on this screen.

- Player ship should get a big explosion on loss. Assuming W.I.P. again.

- I like the amount of polish added to the game already. From ship tilt on vertical movement, enemy hit effects, particle systems (I really like how the particles are the main color of the enemy that exploded), you put a lot of effort into this. For the player ship and bosses, maybe add "smoking" particles when the health gets critical.

It's an alpha version, so I imagine you're still working on many aspects (including the "coming soon" worlds!)

Good skill on this game.
* salutes *

_______________________

ThePandaSenpai responds:

1. Yeah, I realized the file size jumped from 10MB to 50MB after adding tons of asteroids and also after getting a complaint the game was stuck in black screen which was in fact loading. So definitely I will add a preloader for next version!

2. Spaceship!! was kinda of a inside joke. I was watching the Lego movie with a friend and we kept saying that to each other for days. XD

3. I haven't heard of that issue. But I'm glad the mute button served you right. I will still look into the issue and try to solve it!

4. Some ships are kinda slow even after bumping tons of money into speed upgrade due to the fact they have a slow base speed to begin with. Also, as the game allows you to go to level 100 of speed that increment had to be very gradual. You can still get your spaceship to a decent speed at a later point in game. If it's still a hassle for a lot of people I will consider changing the numbers a little bit.

5. Good point! You made me realize I didn't add that info to the description! I'ma do it right now! :D

6. Yes, that's definitely in my mind already. When I started this project I didn't plan to make it big so I didn't use states for movement and such. Now it will be a pain to change lots of coding but I won't let you down and I will work on it! (Being able to pause the games feels you with determination.)

7. I'm thinking of adding a grade system based kill ratio and give you extra rewards. There's also a feature on the way called achievements. It's already half implemented. Basically it will count how many times you have killed each type of enemy and it will reward you with bonus to your stats. I do want to link that to Newgrounds medals but as I was mentioning it to another player it seems Newgrounds API Tools doesn't support Game Maker HTML5. I will try to find a way around that...

8. Doesn't matter how many times I do it but whenever I hit the spacebar on Type01 and I see tons of homing missiles seeking the enemy it feels me with joy! LOL!

9. Not sure if that would help but you could try going to options and reducing the number of particles. Also using Autofire might help you avoid that. Autofire shot I and II have two small lamps on the bottom left indicating if they are ON or OFF. I check the code again for version 0.8 and look for ways to boost the performance.

10. That definitely sounds like performance issues. I will check the code for ways to improve it!

11. Indeed a work in progress! Though it's funny how sound can't propagate in space yet we still crave for it!

12. a) I will probably come up with a better ship selection screen. I already have something in my mind for a long time. I gotta sit down and get down to it!
b) I haven't noticed. I will check it out and fix it!

13. How come I missed that? I mean I knew that at first but somehow I think I got used to that. Let me add that to my to do list!

14. I thought of something like a ellipse with a red tint flashing to represent a warning signal when you are at low HP. As for the boss I might add some effects as well. I will see what I can come up with for the next version. I must also say the most of the polishing will be done once the game mechanics and features are fully implemented, though nothing stops me from adding a bit of polish here and there every now and then, right? :D

Yep, I do plan on having the game ready in 3 more updates but that still won't stop me from working on it even further.

I also would like to thank you for spending your time writing this detailed review. I really appreciate it and it helps me choose a direction for the future updates.
I will be looking forward to get another review like this one once I get a new version up again! :D

Cheers,
ThePandaSenpai

Give Me The Moneys Give Me The Moneys

Interesting game.
It took a while for the zombies to come out, though. (:

Things start to pick up once the zombies appear, and all is going well, then I received this message in the console:

"NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
> treechopping.Update ()"

The console also printed this message repeatedly:
"NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Using Unity version: 4.6.6f2

______________________

therealgamingturtle responds:

yeh its because i had to build the game a diffrent way to upload it here but thanks for pointing it out i can fix it now

Cube-y Escape Cube-y Escape

Nice game.

Consider adding some simple audio to this. Also, when the game is over, I couldn't find a way to restart the game from the Game Over screen. I needed to collapse the window and re-open it.

_____________________

SuperWerer responds:

I will make sure I add music and a restart function by the next update.

Pkmn Ruby Gym My Version Pkmn Ruby Gym My Version

Nice song.
At first, I thought you were going to perform something with the chip-tunes (which would have been cool, too), but then you broke out with the metal, and it was pretty good.

How did you make this song?

Mikeaphobia responds:

A program at my school, i forgot what its called but i made this a long time ago, i only decided to upload it to newgrounds when it was sitting on my hard drive doing nothing, im glad you liked it i will try and get the name of the program then i can make more :)

Winter at the Castle Winter at the Castle

Great song

Hey.

Very nice composition here.

I like use of the reverse cymbals.
The two low notes on the strings riff that starts at 1:29 are a little strange. I would consider using different notes, preferably higher notes.

It sounds like you are experimenting with the harp a bit towards the end there. there are a few notes that seem misplaced, but it otherwise sounds fine.

There should be a bigger buildup and finish to 1:53.

Otherwise excellent song.

_____________________

Bosa responds:

Thanks for the advice. I may edit this song (as it is being used in a PC Roleplaying adventure game). There are a few things I wish to add and take out.

But once again, thank you. I appreciate you reviewing my music, and I appreciate your willingness to contribute to this site.

Megaman Zero - Craft V2 Megaman Zero - Craft V2

Rhythm Section is Cool

Hey.

This sounds really cool. I especially like the control of the percussion in this one. The orchestral hits + percussion section sounds great too. Not feeling the melody or the accompanying riff, the the rhythm section is great. And there's that abrupt ending again with 25 seconds of silence. (:

Nice work.